Wednesday 16 January 2013

Opera box



Last night I was  in a theatre with my mum who is a big fan of opera and her passionate love for this kind of music also reflect on my life since I was a child. Mum's brother, my uncle, is an opera singer so I grow up listening the biggest names in opera like Placido Domingo, Jose Carreras, Mario Lanza, Mario Del Monaco, Luciano Pavarotti, Beniamino Gigli, Montserrat Caballe, Maria Callas and others.Many actors and singers from National Theatre Split marched true our house and we always had a good time with a lot of good song and plenty of divine food!
I remember one of my childhood days when uncle took me with him to rehearsal .I was sitting alone in parterre and listened all those beautifull and strong melodies  and voices and I was amazed with acting, scenery, costumes and dance and how they combined all these things together! Opera calms me down, take me deep into my existance , makes me sad in a beautifull way!  And of course my house shines because I often listen while cleaning! When Pavarotti died for me that was a very sad day .I loved him because he crossed over in a popular music and become one of the most commercially successful tenors of all time and was also noted for his charity work on behalf of refugees and the Red Cross amongst others.In fitting with the approach that characterized his life and work, he remained positive until finally succumbing to the last stages of his illness.My uncle son´s ( my cousin) Karlo in now 25 and singing opera too. When Karlo was 7 years old he saw the Elvis Presley's movie Roustabout on TV and decided that he wanted to become a singer like his father. He had masterclasses with Spanish tenor Alejandro Roy. In 2008 he continued his vocal lessons with Bulgarian baritone Kiril Manolov. The same year he started singing at the National Theater, HNK, in Split in the choir as First Tenor. He also performed last night in opera Adel and Mara by Josip Hatze one of the first and most prominent Croatian composers.Chances for Karlo´s success are excellent and hope he will follow father´s  footsteps  further on!








 photos:HNK Split


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...