Monday 8 July 2013

Music....

Without a doubt, music of all shades has influential characteristics. It keeps us motivated, entertained, uplifted and grants us the joy of its existence.Music is truly an universal language, connecting people from any corner of the world without boundaries...
It touches the deepest part of humanity,it allows anyone to create, communicate, express or respond and it is something that moves the soul and the heart of each of us!
I grew up on hip hop music, rap, r´n´b and funky! In that time in my country there were no MTV or international radio station! We got audio tapes! I got mine, re taped by my dear friend who lived in Germany. All the tools were with me all the time  in my vanity case- scissors and some athesive tape for first aid in case my tape recorder do the demage! Love for black music was born when I first saw the video of Tony Braxton- Breathe again in 1993. Then the story spontaneously continued !
From then until now out of my speakers, you will always hear some of the big  names such as 2 Pac,  
Dr Dre, Snoop Dogg, Mary J Blige, Lauryn Hill, Foxy Brown, Da Brat, Wu Tang Clan,Ice Cube,Ice T, Missy Eliot,  Redman, Method Man, DMX, Jay Z, Public Enemy, Scarface, Mc Lyte, Masta Ace, Notorious BIG, Eminem, NAS, 
Too short, Common, Outcast,Warren G, Busta Bhymes,Cypress Hill, Nonchalant, Queen Latifah, Reakwon, Aaliyah, Ol´ Dirty Bastard,Lil Kim, 2 Live Crew, The Roots,Beasty Boys,Fugees and maaaaany others!
When I´m at home, my TV is usually off, but because the music is always on and loud! My favorite is to drive a car in the middle of winter with the windows down , heating on ,with some good old hip hop song! 
 I'm not saying that's the only thing I listen to, but I have beautiful memories of that time...Somehow in the 90´s  hip hop music sound better, or I was different , I don´t know! From time to time I hear some good stuff  but somehow I always come back on my playlist! Oldies but goldies!
I could write for hours about this topic, but I'll rather finish it with a couple of pictures...Need to go ! 


























photos by. Tumblr







 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...