Thursday 7 February 2013

Happy B-day Tuff Gong!

30 years after his death, Bob Marley remains one of the most influential musicians of all time. His contribution to Jamaica, black empowerment, the musical genre we all know today as Reggae and the Rastafarian movement is immense, and is only further cemented by the immortality of his music, a style that truly transcends cultural and national boundaries, from Hopi Indians in the Grand Canyon, to the Maori in New Zealand and millions of 'free radicals' in between. He is heralded as a prophet, a man of peace and a citizen of the world, a man who many regard as the first third-world superstar, timeless and irreplaceable.
Yesterday was his birthday, so happy B-day Bobby ! Thank you for filling my youth with joy, hapiness, freedom , blessing  and good sound!



Here are some of my favorite quotes....

˝One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.¨ - Bob Marley
 
˝I don't have prejudice against meself. My father was a white and my mother was black. Them call me half-caste or whatever. Me don't deh pon nobody's side. Me don't deh pon the black man's side nor the white man's side. Me deh pon God's side, the one who create me and cause me to come from black and white.˝

˝My music fights against the system that teaches to live and die.˝
 
 
 
˝Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!¨
 
˝Me only have one ambition, y'know. I only have one thing I really like to see happen. I like to see mankind   live together - black, white, Chinese, everyone - that's all.˝
 
 
 ˝My music will go on forever. Maybe it's a fool say that, but when me know facts me can say facts. My music will go on forever.˝

“The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.” 
 
 
 
 
 
“You may not be her first, her last, or her only. She loved before she may love again. But if she loves you now, what else matters? She's not perfect - you aren't either, and the two of you may never be perfect together but if she can make you laugh, cause you to think twice, and admit to being human and making mistakes, hold onto her and give her the most you can. She may not be thinking about you every second of the day, but she will give you a part of her that she knows you can break - her heart. So don't hurt her, don't change her, don't analyze and don't expect more than she can give. Smile when she makes you happy, let her know when she makes you mad, and miss her when she's not there.” 
 
 
 
 
 “Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.” 
 
 “One Love, One Heart, Let's get together and feel alright” 
 
 

photos :Photobucket


 
 
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...